Protection of privacy – electronic files
- RD-BIJOUX has created an electronic file that lists certain personal data relating to the Buyers to allow the follow-up of their orders’ status and in order to send the Buyers information and solicitations of a commercial nature. When an order is placed by any new Buyer and in the case that the Buyer expressly agrees, his/her personal information will be added to this database to better meet their expectations and to facilitate the services provided by the Site. This database has been declared to the CNIL (National Commission for Informatics and Liberties), in accordance with the requirements of the law “Informatique et libertés” n° 78-17 of January 6th, 1978, amended by Law No. 2004-801 of August 6th, 2004.
- The Buyer has the right of access, withdrawal, and rectification of his/her personal data as provided by law and may delete any information that is no longer relevant to him/her or modify his/her personal information via his/her User Account, or by making a request in writing addressed to the RD-BIJOUX headquarter, by email or via the contact form.
- Depending on the choices made when creating or consulting the User Account, the User may choose whether to receive newsletters or offers from RD-BIJOUX and/or its partners and whether to be informed of events and/or offers via e-mail. If the User no longer wishes to receive such offers, he may at any time request it by clicking on an electronic link available in the emails or unchecking the box “receive the newsletter” in his/her User Account.
Convention on electronic evidence
- In accordance with the provisions of Article 1369-2 of the Civil Code, it is expressly agreed between the Parties that both (User and RD-BIJOUX) may communicate with each other electronically or by telephone as part of their commercial relationship.
- Technical security measures are provided to ensure the confidentially of the data exchanged.
- The parties agree that the emails exchanged between them provide valid proof of the content of their exchanges and, if applicable, of their commitments, in particular about the processing and acceptance of orders and the management of returns.
Applicable law and jurisdiction